OUR BURLINGAME SEX CRIMES ATTORNEY HAS HELPED MANY INDIVIDUALS WITH SEX CRIME CHARGES
Because of the #metoo movement’s popularity, many victims have begun to speak out about their experiences and reveal their perpetrators. Sex crime abusers are punished severely in California. However, there are circumstances in which a defendant is blamed incorrectly for sexual abuse. In this case, they need the help of a Burlingame sex crimes attorney.
Penalties for sex crimes in Burlingame, California vary depending on the nature of the offense. The court will consider the victim’s age and other aggravating or mitigating factors. But in general, sex crimes are punished by years-long imprisonment and exorbitant penalty fines.
Summit Defense’s criminal defense attorney can help you fight for your rights. Set an appointment with one of our criminal defense lawyers if you need expert legal representation! We provide a free consultation for an initial case review. Reach us at (650) 763-8766.
HOW OUR BURLINGAME SEX CRIME LAWYER CAN HELP YOU
When it comes to sex crimes, there is a lot at stake. The penalties for a conviction can be significant, which is why you need an experienced Burlingame sex crimes lawyer on your side. Summit Defense Criminal Attorneys have successfully represented clients in many sex crime cases.
Here’s how we can help you:
- In-depth case analysis. Our Burlingame sex crime lawyers will carefully examine all the evidence in your case. We will look for inconsistencies in the prosecution’s argument and investigate your background to build a strong defense strategy.
- A collaborative team of attorneys. Our team of criminal defense attorneys will work together to develop the strongest possible defense for you. We will put our years-long of expertise and experience into your case. Our expert team of lawyers will challenge the prosecution’s case and protect your rights.
- Gathering evidence. We understand that victims of sex crimes often find it challenging to come forward. Our Burlingame sex crimes attorney will work with you to help you gather the evidence you need to support your case.
- Extensive understanding of local laws. We know that the laws in California are constantly changing. Our team of sex crimes attorneys stays up to date with local legislation and will use this knowledge to your benefit.
No matter what the charge, we will work diligently to protect your rights and build a strong defense on your behalf. Our team has extensive experience with the court system and knows how to navigate these types of cases. We will collaborate with you to build a plan targeted to the specifics of your sex offenses.
DEFENDING SEX CRIME CASES IN BURLINGAME, CALIFORNIA
Summit Defense law firm houses numerous experienced criminal defense lawyers who are well-versed in criminal law. This gives us an unrivaled advantage when defending sex crimes cases in Burlingame. Our team knows the trends of the California legal system. We will use this experience to help you get the best possible outcome for your case.
- False sex crime allegations. Defendants are incorrectly accused of a sex crime in some cases. These claims can destroy a person’s reputation and credibility for no reason at all. Our Burlingame sex crime lawyers will work with you to protect your rights and prove that you’re innocent of all charges.
- Consent was present. If you can prove both parties gave consent, you cannot be convicted of a sex crime. Our Burlingame sex crimes attorneys will work with you to build a case around this defense.
- The plaintiff doesn’t have enough evidence to prosecute you. Our Burlingame sex crimes lawyers can work to get the evidence against you thrown out and make the prosecution’s case difficult. Often, they will drop your charges when the victim’s party doesn’t have a strong case against you.
- Sexual contact was absent. You cannot be convicted of a sex crime if there’s no sexual contact. Our Burlingame sex crimes attorney will work to prove this and fight to keep you out of jail.
COMMON SEXUAL OFFENSES WE DEFEND IN BURLINGAME, CALIFORNIA
Summit Defense criminal defense lawyers have extensive practice areas. We can help you in all sorts of legal matters involving sex crimes. Some of the most prevalent sex offenses we handle in Burlingame are as follows:
The California legislation that forbids lewd behavior in public is Penal Code 647a PC. This implies touching your own or another person’s genitals, buttocks, or female breast for sexual enjoyment. At the same time, you do this before a public audience who will be offended by your acts.
Sections 288 and 289 of the California Penal Code define multiple crimes for child molestation. Committing sexual acts such as oral copulation, penetration, or having intercourse with a minor is termed child molestation. Touching a kid for sexual enjoyment is also deemed molestation, even if the touching does not occur on the genital area.
Penal Code 311 PC is the principal legislation in California covering child pornography ownership. It is a violation of state law to mail, transport, reproduce, publish, market, or possess child pornography and hire or induce kids to assist in creating pornographic material.
The California offense of indecent exposure is defined in Penal Code 314 PC. This legislation defines indecent exposure as knowingly revealing one’s nude body or genitals in a public place to anyone who would be offended or bothered by it. In most cases, the offense is tried as a misdemeanor, punishable by up to 6 months in county prison and a 10-year sex offender registration requirement.
Rape is elaborated in Penal Code 261 PC as using force, threats, or deception to engage in non-consensual sexual contact. This crime carries a grave punishment of up to 8 years in state prison. A conviction under Megan’s Law also necessitates lifetime registration as a sex offender.
In California, under Penal Code 261.5 PC, it is a criminal act to engage in sexual intercourse with a juvenile under 18. Even if the youngster is actively involved, it is deemed statutory rape since the law considers minors legally incapable of agreeing to have sex. Prosecutors can charge this violation as a misdemeanor or a felony. The sole exemption is if the offender and minor were lawfully married at the time of the sexual conduct.
SEX OFFENDER REGISTRATION
People guilty of committing sex offenses in California must register as sex offenders under Penal Code 290. Indicted sex offenders must register their personal information with their local law enforcement agency yearly. They must do this within five days of their birthday and five days after moving. The court may also enforce residency restrictions for a sex offender.
The California legislation that bans sexual battery is Penal Code 243.4 PC. Sexual battery is a sexual offense committed by touching another person’s private parts against their consent. Offenders do this for the goal of sexual enjoyment, arousal, or maltreatment. The crime can be brought as a misdemeanor or a felony.
Sexual assault carries the same legislation as rape. Rape and sexual assault are governed by the same code – California’s Penal Code 261. This means that they share the same punishments. Sexual assault is a much broader term than rape and encompasses all forms of sex crimes, not limited to penetration.
PENALTIES FOR SEX CRIMES IN BURLINGAME, CALIFORNIA
Sex crimes are severe criminal charges in Burlingame, CA. Despite this, not all sex crimes in California receive the same punishment. Some cases are charged with misdemeanors, while others are accused of felonies.
Both charges share the same punishment of year-long imprisonment and hefty penalty fines. Offenders are also required to register their identity as sex offenders. However, the gravity of these punishments varies depending on the facts recovered from the criminal investigation. Defendants must discuss the details of their case with a criminal defense attorney so they can be given accurate advice.
You must not take criminal cases such as sex crimes lightly. If you are suffering from this legal matter, it would be best to seek a Burlingame sexual assault lawyer. An effective Burlingame criminal defense lawyer can have your case dismissed or at least reduced to lesser punishments.
LEGAL STRATEGIES WE CAN EMPLOY TO DEFEND SEX CRIME CHARGES IN BURLINGAME
If you face sex crime charges, it’s easy to think that the court will not hear your side. However, this should not be your endgame. You can apply certain defense strategies to uphold your innocence in a sex crime allegation.
- Close discussion with the arresting police officers. In some cases, a police officer might make an arrest even before they uncover the facts of the crime. However, once you present them with compelling evidence, they might dismiss their arrest.
- Plea bargain. A plea bargain is an agreement reached between the prosecution and defense counsel to resolve the matter without going to trial. This is advantageous since it helps you to avoid a possible criminal record.
- Undergoing a case trial. Unfortunately, going to trial is always a risk. However, if your case has compelling evidence in your defense, you might be acquitted of all charges.
- Conducting a private investigation. A private investigator can help gather evidence in your defense, which you can then present to the prosecutor or court.
If you’re accused of a sex crime in Burlingame, it’s crucial to contact Summit Defense as soon as possible. Our law office is always open for clients needing top-notch legal assistance. Our experienced Burlingame sexual assault attorney will work with you to develop a defense strategy and protect your innocence.
WHY YOU SHOULD CHOOSE SUMMIT DEFENSE FOR YOUR SEX CRIME CHARGES IN BURLINGAME, CA
Our Burlingame, CA criminal defense law firm does things differently from other law firms. Every case is unique and requires its own defense strategy. With Summit Defense, our experienced and dedicated team of criminal defense lawyers will closely look at your case and proceed with the best legal decision.
We have a successful running record of helping clients reduce or even dismiss their charges. Our Burlingame sex crimes attorney offers top-notch legal advice, which helps previous clients with their criminal matters. Summit Defense is passionate about defending our clients’ rights. We will fight tooth and nail to get the best possible outcome for your case if needed.
Our top-rated Burlingame criminal defense law firm handles all fields of criminal defense. From domestic violence to sex crimes, we got your back! Contact us now for legal assistance with a free consultation.
CONTACT OUR HIGHLY EXPERIENCED BURLINGAME SEX CRIMES ATTORNEYS IF YOU’RE ACCUSED OF A SEX CRIME
If you are receiving false accusations of a sex crime in Burlingame, CA, don’t hesitate to contact Summit Defense today. We provide a free consultation with our experienced Burlingame sex crimes attorney. Some of our law offices are located in San Rafael, San Francisco, Sacramento, and other cities in California.
You can reach us any time, day or night, by calling (650) 763-8766 or by completing our contact form on this page. We practice law to protect those incorrectly prosecuted for a crime they did not commit.
Burlingame Court Information
Hall of Justice and Records
Cases Handled: All criminal cases in San Mateo area
Traffic Division Southern Branch (Annex)
Cases Handled: Traffic offenses
BURLINGAME JAIL INFORMATION
Maple Street Transitional Facility
Maguire Correctional Facility