Suppose you or your loved ones are being accused of a misdemeanor or felony charge for a criminal offense. In that case, you should contact criminal defense lawyers from Pleasanton, CA. Criminal charges often lead to harsh consequences that can have the possibility of changing your life.
Summit Defense has over 120 cumulative years of criminal defense experience. So you can count on our attorneys to support you when you’re facing criminal charges, and the stakes are high. Suppose you or your loved ones are being accused of a misdemeanor or felony charge for a criminal offense. In that case, you should contact criminal defense lawyers from Pleasanton, CA. Criminal charges often lead to harsh consequences that can have the possibility of changing your life.
We take a lot of pride in being your Pleasanton criminal defense lawyer and one of Pleasanton, CA’s top criminal law offices. We’re confident that our legal advice and overall expertise as a criminal defense lawyer will put you and your criminal charges in the very best position for a favorable outcome.
Our criminal defense lawyers have the knowledge and experience to provide legal counsel for criminal cases. We handle crimes involving domestic violence, attempted murder, drug charges, DUI charges, and white-collar crimes.
You can reach us at (925) 218-4730 or visit our law office in Pleasanton, CA to get in touch with our Pleasanton criminal defense attorneys for a free consultation protected by an attorney-client relationship.
DEFENDING A SPECTRUM OF CRIMES IN PLEASANTON, CALIFORNIA
Our law offices have Pleasanton criminal defense attorneys who have experience practicing criminal law. We can handle all misdemeanor, felony, and juvenile cases in the Bay Area.
With over 120 years of criminal law experience, we can tailor the best defense for the people accused of the following crimes:
- Violent Crimes
- Business Crime
- Theft Crimes
- Traffic Offenses
- Domestic Violence
- Federal Crime
- Hit and Run
- Grand Theft
- Child Pornography
- Child Molestation
- Sex Crimes
- Sex Offender Registration
- Drug Crimes
Our criminal lawyers offer a free consultation protected by an attorney-client relationship. From drug charges to white-collar crimes, even in building a DUI defense, we will aggressively defend you until we reach our goal: the complete dismissal of all charges.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM OUR PLEASANTON CRIMINAL DEFENSE LAW FIRM
Facing criminal charges is always a frustrating and unsettling scenario, no matter what specific charges you’re dealing with. This is because you’ll face a prosecutor who could put you on probation or in jail. The criminal justice system is not always forgiving in Pleasanton, CA. Still, our criminal defense attorneys will ensure that you’re provided with “white glove” legal services that properly handle every intricate detail of your unique defense strategy.
Our case results will undoubtedly speak for themselves and how we’ll develop the foundation of your course for legal action, and you can expect the following when our attorneys are representing you or your loved one:
- Direct access to our criminal defense lawyers, who will provide you with the personal attention and overall legal services that you require at your convenience.
- Top-notch protection during interviews with investigators, police officers, prosecutors, and many other law enforcement agents.
- An in-depth case evaluation that identifies the strengths and weaknesses of your defense, which becomes the foundation for your legal strategy.
- Access to our many essential resources, including private investigators, forensic investigators, and many other professional specialists to counteract a prosecution’s case and a group of expert witnesses.
- A comprehensive review of lab processes, lab results, potential errors in the chain of custody of evidence, and more thorough scientific analyses.
- A review of the conduct of police officers within your case, which can potentially identify any misconduct or rights violations.
- Interview any witnesses that will support your defense.
- Identifying possible suspects that committed the criminal act and obtaining your acquittal.
All of our criminal law specialists in Pleasanton take our legal representation duties very seriously, so you can be rest assured that you’ll be treated with compassion and respect. We help clients accused of criminal cases, including violent crimes, white-collar crimes, domestic violence cases, drug offenses, sex crimes, theft crimes, violent crimes, etc.
Never undergo an interview with law enforcement officers without having your legal counsel present to protect you and your defense strategies!
WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN A PLEASANTON CRIMINAL ATTORNEY?
Finding a high-quality criminal defense lawyer is always a lot easier said than done. These hiring decisions are crucial due to the severe consequences of not obtaining your most favorable legal outcome.
We’ve been serving Pleasanton for many years and know the district attorneys personally, so you can count on our legal team to defend your legal issues aggressively. Some of the things you should be on the lookout for when hiring a criminal defense lawyer include:
- Look Past Fancy Infographics. Countless defense attorneys will utilize all sorts of advertisements to lure people into their law offices. But you should know that a lawyer’s services are what truly matter. Your attorney’s priority should be to settle your case as efficiently as possible, which means that it’s on you to check out their case results and reviews before finalizing any decision.
- Responsiveness. Time is always a critical factor in all criminal cases. So you’ll need an attorney-client relationship that puts your criminal case first and ensures swift legal action. There are many reasons why prompt responses from your criminal defense firm are critical.
- Cost. Some defense attorneys will work on a contingency basis. But others will want upfront payments and even consultation fees. It’s essential to work with criminal defense lawyers who value transparency with their cost of services because hidden fees are something you should be extra cautious about!
- Legal Specialization. Ensuring that your defense attorney is qualified to handle your case is essential because there are many specialized areas of interest within defense law that many Oakland criminal defense lawyers may not be experienced within. Criminal charges like DUI/DWI may require a DUI defense lawyer. And domestic violence may also require specific types of criminal lawyers.
- Personal Characteristics. Some of the personality traits to be on the lookout for include good communication skills, aggressive, friendly, confidential, personal involvement with your criminal case, and a lot more…
- Experience. Having an experienced attorney will always benefit you and your criminal defense charges because this portion of the law requires many years of courtroom knowledge and relationships with law enforcement and district attorneys.
WHY SHOULD YOU CHOOSE SUMMIT DEFENSE AS YOUR AGGRESSIVE CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY
Although there are many reasons why you should choose Summit Defense as your Pleasanton criminal defense law firm, there are a few reasons that you should keep in mind:
- We have countless years of experience and victories. Our attorneys have an incredible track record of results-oriented performance and 120+ years of experience in criminal law. We have won some incredibly tough cases against hard-nosed district attorneys. You can check out our case results page to find more information about our past success.
- You will have the best legal team by your side. The attorneys at Summit Defense never back down from a legal fight. You can rest assured that you’re working with the very best law firm, no matter the crime, when you hire us.
- Guiding you through the legal maze after your crime. The legal processes can be confusing right after being arrested for a crime. A legal expert supporting and helping you through these moments will put you and your criminal record in the best position for a favorable outcome.
Summit Defense attorneys are always available to meet with you at one of our law offices located throughout the Bay Area or the Sacramento Region. We have law offices that you can find in San Francisco, Oakland, and out to Redwood City.
PLEASANTON COURT INFORMATION
- East County Hall of Justice – 5151 Gleason Dr, Dublin, CA
- Cases Handled: This is one of several courthouses throughout Alameda County. As of June 21, 2017, the court location for all in-custody arraignments will be CA 94568, across from the Santa Rita Jail.
- Phone: 925-227-6700
- Criminal Court Calendar: You can find information about your case online, up to five days in advance on this calendar. You can also call the clerk’s office between 8.30 am and 2.30 pm at (925) 227-6796.
PLEASANTON JAIL INFORMATION
The Alameda County Sheriff’s Department runs the Santa Rita Jail and sets the rules for all visits and other contacts with inmates.
- Santa Rita Jail. Most people arrested in Pleasanton are taken to this facility on Broder Blvd. in Dublin. This jail houses men and women and pre-trial and sentenced inmates.
- Glenn Dyer Jail (GDJ). This jail is in Oakland and houses exclusively male inmates. Someone arrested in Pleasanton will rarely be taken here.
Both the GDJ and the Santa Rita Jail are under the control of the Alameda County Sheriff’s Office. To find out which jail someone is being held at, you can search for inmate information online here or call the GDJ at (510) 268-7777.
Driving Directions to Summit Defense’s Office in Pleasanton
- From North (San Ramon)
Merge onto 680, going South for 6 miles, passing Bishop Ranch Regional Preserve and California High School. Take exit 29 and take a quick right onto Stoneridge Dr. Take another right onto Stoneridge Mall Rd. Pass Stoneridge Apartment Community and Sears on your left. Our office is on your right.
- From East (Livermore)
Merge onto I-580 W for 9 miles, passing Las Positas Golf Course, San Francisco Premium Outlets, and Dublin Sports Grounds. Take exit 448 toward San Jose, then exit 29 for Stoneridge Dr. Take another right onto Stoneridge Mall Rd, passing Cost Plus World Market, Play It Again Sports, and JCPenny Home Store. Our office will be on your right.
- From South (Verona)
Get onto I-680 N for 7 miles, passing Castlewood Country Club, Meadow Park, and Muirwood Community Park on your left. Take exit for Stoneridge Dr. When you see Lock It Up Storage on your right, take a left onto Stoneridge Dr. Pass over South San Ramon Creek and under I-680, then take a right onto Stoneridge Mall Rd. Continue on Stoneridge Mall Rd. passing IAFF Local 1974 on your right. Our office is on your right.
- From West (Castro Valley)
From Castro Valley, get onto I-580 E for 10 miles, passing Don Castro Regional Recreation Area and Dublin Hills Regional Park. Take exit 44B onto I-680 towards San Jose. Take exit 29 for Stoneridge Dr. Take a quick right onto Stoneridge Mall Rd., passing Stoneridge Apartments and Blackhawk Network. Our office is on your right.
PLEASANTON CRIMINAL DEFENSE FAQS
Here are the most frequently asked questions regarding Pleasanton criminal defense lawyers:
WHEN SHOULD I HIRE A CRIMINAL DEFENSE LAWYER?
Many people think that if they are charged with or arrested for committing any crime, there is no other outcome than to plead guilty and face the consequences. This assumption is false. While most people understand that they should hire a criminal lawyer if they are arrested, they may not understand the various ways that criminal charges might be filed against them.
When you are facing the possibility of incarceration or considering pleading “not guilty” or even “no contest,” then a criminal lawyer is a must to help you defend yourself from wrongful conviction. The earlier you hire an attorney, the better off you will be in case results.
It is essential for everyone who has interacted with law enforcement to realize that by hiring a defense attorney early in the process, they will have more control over how their case will proceed.
WHAT DO PLEASANTON DEFENSE ATTORNEYS DO?
If you face criminal cases, it might be time to hire a professional attorney. They will defend you in court if you are charged with any crime against society. Our attorneys will develop strategies regarding what can benefit their clients’ cases depending on how severe the charges are.
Usually, these lawyers will make certain motions like bail reduction requests or applications for pre-trial diversion programs or plea bargains to lessen the possible penalties for their clients. They will also handle the paperwork involved in a criminal case, such as drafting defense motions, advising during all plea negotiations, and communicating with prosecutors regarding cases.
HOW MUCH DOES A PLEASANTON CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY COST?
Fees vary widely depending on whether your case is settled through plea bargaining or adjudicated by a judge and jury. On average, however, most misdemeanor cases that do not go to trial will cost between $1,000 and $1,500. If the case goes to trial or involves more severe charges, costs can increase significantly.
For example, a first-time DUI offense that does not involve any injuries will be settled for about $2,000-$3,000. On the other hand, a complex criminal case such as fraud is likely to cost anywhere from $5,000 to more than $250,000, depending on how much work your attorneys need to put into it.
WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A MISDEMEANOR AND A FELONY?
Being charged with a misdemeanor or a felony depends heavily on the severity of the crime committed. Misdemeanors are less severe crimes than felonies. Crimes such as petty theft can be considered a misdemeanor.
However, felonies are more severe crimes, punishable by years in prison or death. These crimes can include murder, rape, arson, kidnapping, and more.
IS IT POSSIBLE TO HAVE MY VIOLENT CRIME CHARGES REDUCED?
People convicted of violent crimes are handed some of California’s harshest penalties. The sheer stigma surrounding these offenses makes finding jobs, gaining housing, and otherwise living life as one had before almost impossible for many people.
Fortunately, there is hope in the form of a reduction or even dismissal under certain circumstances. It is essential to understand what can be done in your situation and how you can go about pursuing that relief through experienced Summit Defense counsel.
WILL MY PLEASANTON CRIMINAL CASE GO TO TRIAL?
A trial means a hearing before a judge where both sides present evidence of guilt or innocence – the prosecution and the defense. Your criminal case going to trial will depend heavily on how your lawyers discuss your case with the prosecution.
A criminal case in Pleasanton that goes to a jury trial can last anywhere from 1 day to many months. It will depend heavily on what types of issues are involved, how complex your case is, and what type of cases are happening at your particular court location.
SHOULD I SPEAK WITH A POLICE OFFICER AFTER MY ARREST IN PLEASANTON?
Keeping quiet and avoiding making any statements or answering questions from law enforcement without an attorney present after your arrest may be in your best interest. Law enforcement officers will use statements made by suspects after speaking with them without an attorney to try and build a case against them.
You have the right to speak with an attorney before answering any questions, but you should never do so after your arrest. After your arrest, if you can’t afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you without cost.
SHOULD I STILL HIRE A PLEASANTON DEFENSE ATTORNEY EVEN IF I AM INNOCENT?
Hiring a defense attorney is always a smart move in a criminal case. Whenever you are accused of wrongdoing, it’s essential to have your side of the story told so that others can understand what occurred and why.
It’s also important to remember that just because someone has been arrested does not always mean they are guilty of committing a crime. In fact, it is estimated that of the thousands arrested each day in this country, between 75% to 90% of them will have their charges dropped before being sentenced if convicted.
SHOULD I ACCEPT A PLEA BARGAIN IF THE PROSECUTOR OFFERS ME ONE?
If you are charged with a crime, one of the first things your attorney will tell you is whether or not you should accept a plea bargain. A plea bargain can be very beneficial because it reduces your sentence, which means you avoid going to trial and risk conviction on more serious charges.
While it may seem like something that will benefit you in the long run, it is essential to remember that accepting a plea bargain isn’t your only option. If the prosecutor offers you a plea deal that doesn’t sound reasonable, then don’t take it just for the sake of taking anything offered to you. Make sure that it’s something you want before saying yes.
FINDING A CRIMINAL LAWYER NEAR ME | CONTACT SUMMIT DEFENSE LAWYERS FOR A FREE CONSULTATION
Summit Defense is the premier criminal defense firm in the Bay Area with over 120+ years of experience. We defend crimes such as embezzlement, domestic violence, sex crimes, DUI, etc. Our attorneys are known for aggressively working as a team to benefit your case through client reviews and case results.
We offer a free consultation protected by an attorney-client relationship. You can contact us online at (925) 218-4730 or at our law offices located throughout the Bay Area. You can also request an in-home consultation where our attorneys can meet you at your home or another convenient location.
PLEASANTON COURT INFORMATION
East County Hall of Justice
Cases Handled: This is one of several courthouses throughout Alameda County. As of June 21, 2017, the court location for all in custody arraignments will be , CA 94568 across from the Santa Rita Jail.
Criminal Court Calendar
You can also call the clerk’s office between the hours of 8.30am and 2.30pm on (925) 227-6796.
PLEASANTON JAIL INFORMATION
The Alameda County Sheriff’s Department runs the Santa Rita Jail, and sets the rules for all visits and other contact with inmates.
Santa Rita Jail
Glenn Dyer Jail (GDJ)
Both the GDJ and the Santa Rita Jail are under the control of the Alameda County Sheriff’s Office. To find out which jail someone is being held at, you can search for inmate information online here, or call the GDJ on (510) 268-7777.