Criminal defense encompasses a wide array of violent crimes. From petty theft to domestic violence, our Redwood City defense lawyer defended the rights and freedom of numerous clients in the past. At Summit Defense, our vetted Redwood City criminal lawyers are experts in criminal law.
Our team of criminal defense lawyers can help you with your criminal defense charges by developing a unique legal defense specific to your case. Our team of criminal defense attorneys has 120 years of cumulative experience in criminal defense. Contact Summit Defense now if you need legal assistance from our expert panel of lawyers!
SUMMIT DEFENSE | WHO WE ARE AND HOW WE CAN HELP YOU
Summit Defense is a top-rated criminal defense law office. We do not specialize in this area of law; it’s all we do. We believe that by specializing in a particular area of the law, we could provide proficient case handling for all our clients.
Our Redwood City defense attorneys are comprised of an ex-prosecutor, a former police officer, and certified criminal defense attorneys. Our diverse legal experience is one of our law firm’s strengths compared to other law offices. We understand the law and can assist you in finding a way out of your predicament.
ATTORNEYS WORKING TOGETHER
Collaboration. Whether you’re charged with drug possession or a much more severe criminal offense. Your criminal defense attorney must do everything possible on your behalf. Our criminal defense attorneys will collaborate to form the best possible defense for your criminal defense case.
LOCAL KNOWLEDGE — KNOW YOUR OPPONENT
Expertise. All Summit Defense attorneys have a rich background in the field of legal defense. Our lawyers will carefully assess the facts recovered from your criminal charges when strategizing a legal defense. We are familiar with California’s statutes addressing criminal offenses.
HIRE BY THE PEOPLE WHO KNOW
The experts recognize us. Both past clients and colleagues revere our Redwood City criminal defense law firm. Summit Defense gained popularity through referrals from our previous satisfied clients and colleagues who recognize our expertise. The majority of our clients in Summit Defense come to us through referrals.
AWARD-WINNING CUSTOMER SERVICE
Reliable. Expert legal representation is a significant factor in client satisfaction, but it’s not the only factor. At Summit Defense, our entire legal team is not only proficient in criminal law. Summit Defense is also known for its exceptional customer service. Our criminal attorneys will listen intently to your problem to provide the best possible solution for your criminal charges.
REDWOOD CITY CRIMINAL CASES OUR CRIMINAL ATTORNEYS HANDLE
Our criminal defense lawyers at Summit Defense are experienced in handling various criminal defense cases. Suppose you are facing accusations of illegal activities. In that case, it’s best to see a criminal defense attorney at the soonest possible time.
These professionals understand your legal rights in such circumstances. They can provide you with practical legal counsel and offer a free initial case analysis. At Summit Defense, our team of dedicated attorneys will help you find and build the best possible defense for your criminal charges.
Here are a few examples of criminal defense cases handled by Summit Defense:
- White-collar crimes. Fraud committed by a professional or a government official is called a white-collar crime. It’s not required to provoke a victim with force to be classified under this category. As long as the intent to gain monetary benefits is present, it will be considered as such.
- Attempted murder. We have previous experience defending clients with attempted murder charges. Attempted murder is a severe crime in California that bears harsh punishments.
- Sex crimes. Sexual assault, rape, or indecent exposure are some of the sex crimes we handle at Summit Defense. The state of California imposed strict legislation against sexual predators.
- Probation violation. In some cases, the court may order a probation sentence as a punishment. However, there are unwarranted circumstances when you might violate this law. In such cases, speaking with a criminal defense attorney is urgent.
- Theft. Grand theft, identity theft, and petty theft are some well-known forms of theft. Summit Defense handles all sorts of theft crimes, and we can help you reduce or remove your charges.
- And many more!
Our expert lawyers all came from a well-known law school. More than that, their cumulative 120 years of experience proves them to be an expert in their profession.
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO AFTER AN ARREST IN REDWOOD CITY?
As the defendant, you must take the correct actions after an arrest. Knowing what you must and must not do in this situation can make or break your chances. Below are some of the best courses of action to do after an arrest.
- Remain silent. The arresting officer will recite your Miranda Rights when you are arrested. They will say something around the line of ‘anything you say can and will be used against you.’ Staying quiet and demanding to speak only with a lawyer is helpful in such situations.
- Request for your criminal defense attorney. A criminal defense attorney will know what you should do in these circumstances. It’s ideal to speak with a lawyer as soon as possible so they can start working on your case.
- Speak solely with your lawyer. Anything you say to a police officer will and can be used against you. When divulging critical details, speaking only with your lawyer is crucial.
WHAT OUR REDWOOD CITY DEFENSE ATTORNEY CAN DO FOR YOU
Our criminal defense attorney at Summit Defense can provide you with the best legal service. We will work smartly and collaborate to provide the best legal defense strategy for your criminal case. Our team of dedicated lawyers will do everything necessary to give you the best outcome possible.
- Case analysis. Our team of lawyers will meticulously analyze your case. We will look in every possible direction and go over the evidence recovered from the crime scene.
- Provide astute legal advice. Once we have established the facts about your criminal offense, we will provide you with practical legal advice. Our criminal defense lawyer in Redwood City, CA will counsel you on the best way to support your innocence.
- We will strategize a legal defense. After providing you with legal counsel, we will work together to build a solid defense. We can give you the best legal defense for your criminal charge through case analysis and strategizing.
- Compelling case negotiation. We will help you receive a plea bargain from local prosecutors or police officers. And when worse comes to worst, we will represent you on your behalf to have your charges reduced or dismissed.
WHEN SHOULD YOU HIRE A REDWOOD CITY CRIMINAL DEFENSE LAWYER?
A criminal conviction in California can result in extensive jail time, hefty penalty fines, and a possible probation sentence. It’s imperative to act fast when accused of a criminal violation. Contact our expert criminal defense lawyers at Summit Defense as soon as possible.
Delaying can only make it harder for your party to recover evidence. The soonest you call a criminal defense attorney, the higher your chances of winning your case. Your criminal defense attorney can help you prevent jail time and avoid expensive fines.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN A REDWOOD CITY CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY?
The state of California has no shortage of criminal defense lawyers. However, selecting the perfect criminal defense attorney to handle your criminal case can be a burden. It’s vital to weigh these factors to help you choose the ideal attorney to help you with your case.
- Proficiency in criminal law. Not all lawyers are the same. It’s critical to hire a lawyer who is well-versed in criminal defense. It would be better to choose a law firm that offers criminal defense solely rather than a law firm with multiple specializations.
- Experience and education. An essential requirement for every lawyer is to possess a law degree and a professional license to practice criminal defense. Lawyers with longer years of experience have a stronger knowledge of the legal system than a starting lawyer.
- Positive client reviews. Client reviews never lie. When checking for a legal firm, it’s critical that you also visit their client review pages or other sites that review legal offices.
- Responsiveness. You must select a law firm that can keep you updated with the current happenings of your case. They must also provide a satisfying response on time.
- Service costs. Before settling on a criminal defense attorney, you must afford their service. Some law offices offer a free consultation for your initial visit and a contingency fee basis.
QUESTIONS YOU NEED TO ASK WHEN HIRING A CRIMINAL DEFENSE LAWYER
Part of identifying the perfect criminal defense attorney is by asking the appropriate questions. You can only gauge their level of expertise by looking at their qualifications and asking the necessary questions. As you can see below, we compiled the following list to help you assess your lawyer.
- Is there a free consultation available at the legal firm?
- Is the attorney’s primary area of practice criminal law?
- What is the structure of the legal fees?
- Is the lawyer experienced in handling situations comparable to the one you’re presently dealing with?
- What are their thoughts on the case’s potential outcome?
- Who will be managing your case at the legal firm?
- How easily available is the criminal defense attorney?
WHY SHOULD YOU CHOOSE SUMMIT DEFENSE’S REDWOOD CITY CRIMINAL ATTORNEY FOR YOUR CRIMINAL CHARGES?
Summit Defense team is comprised of ex-prosecutors and former police officers. We will put our wealth of knowledge and experience together to give you the best possible outcome for your criminal charges. Our entire legal team at Summit Defense has over 120 years of cumulative experience.
Our Redwood City criminal defense law firm garnered several awards for expert representation and customer service. We were featured as SuperLawyers for four consecutive years. Furthermore, one of our lawyers was also granted the client’s choice award of 2018.
We also provide free consultation and affordable payment plans. We are dedicated to bringing quality legal assistance at a low cost. Contact Summit Defense now for further details!
REDWOOD CITY CRIMINAL DEFENSE FAQS
DO I NEED A CRIMINAL ATTORNEY IF I AM INNOCENT?
Victims can wrongly accuse anyone of a criminal crime on various grounds. In some cases, this can be a case of mistaken identity. However, regardless of how you were embroiled in false criminal allegations, you must always face it with a lawyer. Hiring a criminal defense attorney will go a long way.
MY MIRANDA RIGHTS WEREN’T READ. CAN MY CASE BE DISMISSED?
The failure of a police officer to give you your Miranda rights will not result in your case being dismissed. This is because the Fifth Amendment safeguards your Miranda rights. Basically, this means that even if the arresting officer failed to declare your Miranda rights, it would not result in the dismissal of your case.
HOW DO CRIMINAL LAWYERS GET CASES DISMISSED?
There are several techniques an attorney can employ to have criminal cases dropped. Some of the most typical ways to dismiss a criminal case are plea negotiations and the exclusion of evidence. It’s vital to consult with a criminal defense attorney so they can assess the best defense strategy for you.
SHOULD I SPEAK WITH A POLICE OFFICER AFTER MY ARREST?
In general, you should not communicate with a police officer unless legal counsel accompanies you. Prosecutors can use anything you say to law authorities against you. Admitting to anything unwittingly can be damaging to your case.
HOW MUCH DOES A CRIMINAL DEFENSE LAWYER COST?
It’s impossible to break down the entire expenses involved with private criminal defense attorneys. In most cases, legal fees will vary depending on various criteria. Some of these criteria include the overall severity of the criminal charges and the legal team’s or law firm’s track record.
SHOULD I ACCEPT A PLEA BARGAIN IF THE PROSECUTOR OFFERS ME ONE?
A plea bargain usually entails having a reduced punishment or sentence. This may be appealing if the initial offense involves an extensive prison sentence and hefty penalties. It would be best to obtain a professional opinion from a criminal defense attorney before accepting any offers.
FINDING A CRIMINAL LAWYER NEAR ME | CONTACT OUR REDWOOD CITY CRIMINAL DEFENSE LAWYERS FOR A FREE CONSULTATION
The laws revolving around criminal defense are lengthy and complicated. Moreover, if you are convicted of criminal actions, you will face grave punishments. Summit Defense is open 24/7 to assist you with your criminal case. Call us now at (650) 667-4141 for a free case consultation. Our website also has an online contact form to send your case details online conveniently.